Monday, November 24, 2014

A Call for Best Practices: Trading Psychology 2.0

Well, I don't know if I can land you a spot on the Hollywood walk of stars, but I can feature you in my upcoming book, Trading Psychology 2.0!

For those who are interested, here's how it works:

The book's final chapter will be devoted to "best practices".  These are routines and methods that traders have found to be useful.  These can be psychological techniques; ways of organizing time; activities before, during, or after the trading day; ways of managing positions or risk; ways of finding trading opportunities; techniques for setting stops or price targets; etc.  Ideally the best practices are things that you do when you are trading very well.  Please note that I am not looking for trade setups or specific trade ideas, so no charts or code.  Rather, these should be elements of process that contribute to success in an ongoing way.

That final chapter will share many best practices, both my own and those I've observed among successful traders.  I thought, however, that reaching out to readers for their best practices would enrich the book and provide an opportunity for readers to receive recognition for their ideas and good work.

If you are interested in submitting a best practice, please write it up either as an email or as a Word document attached to an email and send to the address in the star above some time during the coming week.  Please keep the writeup short; certainly no more than two or three paragraphs.  

I may not be able to use all submissions (especially if there's significant overlap), but will be as inclusive as possible.  For each accepted best practice, I will acknowledge the contributor in the book along with the contributor's website address and/or Twitter handle.  I will also do the same in a future blog post.  If you would prefer keeping the submission anonymous, just let me know in your email.

My hope is that this provides readers with some well-earned recognition and also broadens the ideas presented in the book.  Thanks for your interest; I look forward to learning more about the practices that contribute to your success!

Brett

Further Reading:  

Best Practices During Trading Slumps

Previous Best Practices Submitted by Readers
.